Re-elect Cassandra Sage
Lake Washington School District Director, District 3
Thank you voters for electing me in 2017 to be your LWSD District 3 Director! During my time on the board, LWSD:
- Increased graduation rate to 94.6%
- Earned 4th Meritorious Budget Award
- Added new pathways to graduation
- Created fully inclusive pre school program
- Added Academy for Creating Excellence
- Increased diversity in hiring
- Engaged Flo Analytics for enrollment forecast
- Created Opportunity, Equity, Inclusion dept.
- Added four Family Engagement Facilitators
- Created 24/7 tech support for families & staff
- Partnered w/ 13 orgs to support mental health
- Began Multi Tiered Systems of Support
- Increased advanced course offerings
- Initiated Positive Behavior Intervention
- Added Fast Bridge Assessments
- Brought students back to classrooms more hours per day than any other district in King County.
As we focus on recovery and advancement my priorities are:
- Social Emotional Learning /mental health supports
- Academic assessment, recovery and advancement
- Opportunity, Equity and Inclusion
LWSD has equity and opportunity gaps. They existed before the pandemic and continue as documented (see February 8th 2021 study session on SEL and academics in Board Docs ). Demographic break outs show gaps by race, income, ability and language to name a few. The following statement by the Washington State School Board Directors Association captures these concerns, “Educational equity can only exist when a student’s level of opportunity and achievement cannot be predicted based on race, characteristics, or circumstances.”
All students are capable. All students deserve to be challenged academically and receive the support they need to succeed. To meet the strategic goals for LWSD as well as its mission and vision, every student must receive these supports to lead a rewarding, responsible life as a contributing member of our community.
You can email Cassandra at email@example.com, or call her at 425-426-3140.
We invite you to visit the other pages on this site to learn more about Cassandra.