Endorsed by Parents, Teachers, and Students!
The following have endorsed Cassandra Sage for re-election as Director for Lake Washington School District, District 3. If you would like to also endorse Cassandra, please click here. To see who endorsed Cassandra in 2017, please click here.
Affiliations are noted for identification purposes only
and do not imply endorsement by the entities named.
- Angela Birney, Mayor of Redmond
- Amy Cast, Northshore School Board, Washington State School Directors Association Resolutions Committee
- Christine Chew, Bellevue School Board, Washington State School Directors Association Director Area 2
- Kelli Curtis, Kirkland City Council
- Amy Falcone, Kirkland City Council
- Kathy Lambert, King County Council District 3, former State Representative 45th District
- Marnie Maraldo, Issaquah School Board, Washington State School Directors Association Board, National School Board Association
- Joan McBride, former State Representative 48th District, former Mayor of Kirkland
- Karen Moran, Mayor of Sammamish
- Toby Nixon, Kirkland City Council, former State Representative 45th Distrct
- Jon Pascal, Kirkland City Council
- Jackie Pendergrass, former Lake Washington School District board member
- Penny Sweet, Mayor of Kirkland
- Brian Giannini Upton, Mercer Island School Board, Washington State School Directors Association Legislative Committee
- Amy Walen, State Representative 48th District, former Mayor of Kirkland
- Margaret Meister, Kirkland
- Liliana Medina, President and co-founder of Sistema Escolar USA
- Jason Moore, Lake Washington PTSA Emergency Preparedness Chair
“Special needs and immigrant families have a great advocate in LWSD. Thank you Cassandra Sage, for your hard work and advocacy for minority groups. Las familias con necesidades especiales e inmigrantes tienen una gran defensora en LWSD. Gracias, Cassandra Sage, por su arduo trabajo y defensa de los grupos minoritarios.” – Liliana Medina, Director and Co-founder Sistema Escolar U.S.A.
“Cassandra’s steady, calm leadership throughout the Covid-19 pandemic has helped LWSD re-open schools with safety mitigation in place and student well being and learning at the forefront.” – Amy Walen, State Representative 48th District
“I have known Cassandra for many years as a mom and community activist. She’s been a strong voice for parents and kids on the LWSD board, and deserves re-election!” – Toby Nixon, Kirkland City Council
“Cassandra has been a tireless advocate for our school community, working to advance the needs of all students during this unprecedented year. She is responsive to concerns raised by parents, teachers, and students and is passionate about finding practical and equitable solutions to provide every student the best chance to succeed. Her strong relationships with other local leaders has helped to address important issues such as safe routes to school and expanding school capacity in our growing region. I am proud to endorse Cassandra for another term on the School Board.” – Jon Pascal, Kirkland City Council
“Cassandra works hard for our students, families and staff. I can’t imagine anyone else doing this job as well as she does.” – Jackie Pendergrass, former LWSD Board Member